Re: inconsistent lock info in v$session ?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:56:40 +0000 (UTC)

Depends on your version of Oracle, but v$session changed some time ago to record the last wait of for an object - including such things as buffer busy waits - and doesn't clear the wait values.

Chances are that if you see row_wait_obj_row# is zero when the others are non-zero, the session is showing you a historical wait of something other than a row lock wait.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Public Appearances - schedule updated March 9th 2005