Re: oracle 00604 error?

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 17:43:39 +0100

Ian wrote:
> hi,
> I have a problem with a pro*C apllication which fails to log me in
> I get the following error--
> ERROR:ORA-00604:error occured at recursive SQL level 1
> ORA-00911:invalid
> I am using SolarisX86 and Oracle 10g. with the following .pc code fragment:
>
> strcpy(uid.arr,"username");
> uid.len = strlen(uid.arr);
>
> strcpy(pwd.arr,"password");
>
> pwd.len = strlen(pwd.arr);
>
> EXEC SQL WHENEVER SQLERROR GOTO sql_error;
>

> EXEC SQL CONNECT :uid IDENTIFIED BY :pwd;
>
> printf("LOGGED IN\n");
>
> I don't understand what is caussing this to occur. my code is simple, If I
> substitute SYS as username with appropriate password I get told to login as
> SYSDBA.
> Also, if I type sqlplus from a window and then enter the same username and
> password from the code I CAN login OK - hence my confussion.
> I have looked through the docs but can't seem to find the cause.
> Could anyone please help as to identify why this error is ocurring,
> regards
> Ian

[oracle9_at_csdb01 oracle9]$ oerr ora 604
00604, 00000, "error occurred at recursive SQL level %s"

// *Cause:  An error occurred while processing a recursive SQL statement
//         (a statement applying to internal dictionary tables).
// *Action: If the situation described in the next error on the stack
//         can be corrected, do so; otherwise contact Oracle Support.

[oracle9_at_csdb01 oracle9]$ oerr ora 911
00911, 00000, "invalid character"
// *Cause:
// *Action:

--