partitioning based on a join

From: Asya Kamsky <asya_at_shell4.bayarea.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 03:03:54 -0000

is there a way to partition a table based on a key in another table?

i.e.

table t1 (
id number, primary key
date timestamp)

table t2 (
t1_id number, foreign key to t1.id
other
)

t1 is partitioned by date.
I'd like to partition t2 by same "date", so that when it's time to delete stuff from t1 and all the related child records in t2, I can drop the partition and get them both.

Any way to do this? I'm using Oracle 10g.

--
Asya Kamsky

"San Francisco isn't what it used to be, and it never was." -- Herb Caen