Re: RAC with OCFS on Win2K - archive logs destination

From: <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: 4 Mar 2005 15:19:26 -0800

Jesse,

have you run into concurrency issues with respect to robocopy wanting to copy a file that oracle has not yet finished archiving?

alter system switch logfile ... initiates a log file switch, but pays no attention to whether or not the file has been archived. in other words, it will return control to the calling routing prior to the completion of the archiving of the log (that was current prior to the switch).

I believe that you might want to consider

alter system archive log current;

which will wait until the current log has been archived before returning control.

I could be mistaken, as I don't think that I've worked with this since 8.1.7.

-bdbafh Received on Fri Mar 04 2005 - 17:19:26 CST