Re: Oracle Client Tools

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 4 Mar 2005 15:16:16 -0800

Frank van Bortel wrote:
> Steen Persson wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Can any of you help me with a link to downloading the Oracle Client
Tools. I

http://download.oracle.com/otn/nt/instantclient/instantclient-basic-win32-10.1.0.3-20050113.zip
> only 33 MB.
> Maybe you want the ODBC addition (another 600kB)?
>
> Mind you - this is 10g; should work if your server version is
> 8.1.7.4 or higher.
> --
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel

Interesting ... I've installed the instant client correctly and all I get from my 9.2.0.6 database is an ORA-12705 error stating an unknown or invalid NLS parameter exists. Nothing in my glogin.sql file appears to be causing this. If someone can get this to connect successfully to an Oracle instance older than 10.1.0 let me know.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Fri Mar 04 2005 - 17:16:16 CST