Re: .net and oracle's (10G) object relational features ?

From: steph <stephan0h_at_gmx.net>
Date: 4 Mar 2005 02:40:52 -0800

> The relational tables maintain data integrity and the object views
> deliver the data the way the developers would like to receive it.

What I wonder is just how to deliver the objects into the application. I must admit I'm a bit of a newbie on this topic, but I guess it must work somehow like fetching the object via a REF and then querying it's attributes? And how to interface to the database? There's 'Data Provider for .NET', 'Provider for OLE DB', 'Oracle Objects for OLE' (mentioning only Oracle's stuff) - it's a bit confusing to me.

Maybe somebody can point me to more information on this topic or share some experience from projects they did.

Thanks Received on Fri Mar 04 2005 - 04:40:52 CST