Re: Which Linux for Oracle 9i on AMD Opteron?

From: Haximus <e_at_t.me>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 20:34:25 GMT

NetComrade wrote:

> If you had a choice between RH and SuSe which one would you pick?
>
> I found a post that says that Oracle develops on SuSe, but given that
> we will most likely be running Veritas on Linux, so far RH AS 3.0 is
> the only choice.
>
> However, I was curious if there is a comparison between the two
> somewhere from an Oracle Admin perspective.

I've had experience with both Suse and RH... stick with the RH. I like Suse but I find there is more Oracle and 3'rd party support available on RH, and just getting 9i installed on linux can sometimes be a real "biatch" if you don't follow Oracle's requirements to the letter. If you don't want to fork out $1,500 for AS just go with WS, though confirm with Oracle that they will support it. I believe they do. Received on Tue Mar 01 2005 - 14:34:25 CST