Re: Which Linux for Oracle 9i on AMD Opteron?

From: CC <ccarson_at_syrrx.com>
Date: 2 Mar 2005 13:02:00 -0800

SuSE w/o a doubt. I've been using both since version 1 and historically SuSE has been more stable from release to relase. Also now that their owned by Novell (creators of the most robust network operating system ever created, for its time. Yea it sucks to maintain but there are still scores of sites still running it. You can't argue with uptime.) you can bet that its going to get even more rock solid, their support will be affordable and reliable, and etc... I persoanlly think Sun would best be served in trying to aquire Novell..

If I had to stake my career on a decision of which to use, SuSE w/o a doubt. (SLES 9)

Just my 2 bits. I've used both pretty extensively in the IT trenches and from experiences based on real-world enterpise use, I believe SuSE is the safer bet. (I was running production services on Linux as early as 1998 at one company)

Of course you could always brave the products offered by "Ive Been Mislead". Received on Wed Mar 02 2005 - 15:02:00 CST