Re: DB2 Crushes Oracle RAC on TPC-C benchmark

From: Mark A <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:49:06 -0700

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1107221349.740027_at_yasure...

> Either the list prices are outrageous or the companies are taking a
> loss. No one discounts 47% unless it is a game.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan

I don't think you need to worry about the hardware pricing/discount method. The net is that the price listed is accurate, it is audited, and is the same price/discount method used for Oracle TPC benchmarks on IBM hardware. If you (or Oracle Corp) don't believe that, then you should file a complaint with the TPC. Received on Mon Jan 31 2005 - 19:49:06 CST