Re: SCN tied to the time stamp while doing recovery

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 31 Jan 2005 17:44:19 -0800

fitzjarrell_at_cox.net wrote:
> bdb..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> > David,
> >
> > I recommend that you revisit the "Terms of Use" section of
Metalink.
> > I don't think that you are permitted to publish Metalink Notes here
> on
> > c.d.o.s. in whole.
> >
> > -bdbafh
> >
> > here is an excerpt from the terms of use that seems relevant:
> >
> > 1. Use of Web Site Information
> > ... you may not otherwise use, download, upload, copy, print,
> display,
> > perform, reproduce, publish, license, post, transmit or distribute
> any
> > information from this Web site in whole or in part without the
> express
> > authorization of Oracle.
>
> Thank you for your concern, however I do not have Metalink access,
and,
> thus, am not in violation of a licence agreement I haven't accepted.
> This note, in its entirety, was found here:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/oracle-l@fatcity.com/msg27464.html
>
> I suggest you direct your admonishments toward the person posting on
> oracle-L.

There are also copyright issues involved, which do not have anything to do with what you have agreed to. Or even if you don't know you are doing something wrong.

But that would be up to Oracle Corp. to deal with. And if they don't, they can lose copyright.

So in general, give attribution and don't propagate anything you don't know the provenance of. Small bits are fair use, nothing wrong with posting links (well, some companies are trying to confront people that knowingly post links to illegal material).

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
'Creating this constraint should give ORA-02436.  Rewrite it before