Re: analyze index

From: Oradba Linux <techiey2k3_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 19:32:02 -0500

Johnathan

I did a small test on 9204 . I did not offline/online the tablespaces. I peeked at the trace file ( 10046 level 8), it did not touch the datafile that houses the table. I dont know under what circumstances should the analyze command look at the table segment. I am sure i looked at v$session-wait ( p1 and p2 ) pointed to table segments.
The command i issued was
analyze table < tabname> estimate statistics <sample> percent for all indexes ;

Thanks