Re: DB2 Crushes Oracle RAC on TPC-C benchmark

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:39:54 -0800

DH wrote:

> "DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message
>

>>DH wrote:
>>
>>>"Mark A" <nobody_at_nowhere.com> wrote in message

>>>I don't see any reason why you apologize.  The previous post on this

> topic
>
>>>was titled "New IBM Nonsense".
>>
>>That is incorrect. The initial post was made to comp.databases.oracle
>>and was a pro-DB2 slam on Oracle. Go to google groups and look it up.
>>What you found here is a follow up response to the original post.

> Googling with various seemingly appropriate search terms turns up nothing
> relevant. Do you remember the precise title of a post previous to "New IBM
> Nonsense?" Or the author's name? And what's "New IBM Nonsense" as a title
> for this subject if not a slam on DB2?

As he has acknowledged MarkA was the off-topic spammer (slam enough) that started this nonsense by posting a preposterous IBM promo piece which is why I chose that name for the thread that I started. I wanted to lay out the facts that the hardware on which 2 of the 3 comparisons were run, and likely the O/S and the storage arrays on the third made a real comparison worthless.

He is prolonging this "nonsense" for reasons I can not fathom. And I will not respond again. Everything that can be said has been and much that should never have been too.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington