Re: DB2 Crushes Oracle RAC on TPC-C benchmark

From: Mark A <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:02:13 -0700

> > I don't see any reason why you apologize. The previous post on this
topic
> > was titled "New IBM Nonsense".
>
> That is incorrect. The initial post was made to comp.databases.oracle
> and was a pro-DB2 slam on Oracle. Go to google groups and look it up.
> What you found here is a follow up response to the original post.
>
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan

The "slam" was from IBM. I just quoted a small section of their website and then posted the link where I saw it. I did not slam anyone.

All marketing is slam, but usually contains at least some useful information. I think people are smart enough to separate the marketing BS (or "slam") from the facts when the information is provided by a competitor (as was clearly identified). Received on Wed Jan 26 2005 - 17:02:13 CST