Re: Upgrade from 8i

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.verwijderdit.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 23:49:37 +0100

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:25:25 GMT, "Al Brown" <usenet_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Have upgraded and oracle server from 8i to 9.2.0.6 There appears to be some
>kind of authentication problem when connecting to the database if you use OS
>authentication. You get back invalid username or password. I am fairly new
>to Oracle and would appreciate a few pointers in the right direction.
>
>Trawling round I have found a few references, I have put in the NTS
>parameter in SQLNET.ORA. When connecting on the server all appears to be
>OK, running SQLplus etc.
>
>Thanks
>Al

Pretty little to work upon. Basically, no platform and the post boiling down to 'it doesn't work' without further clues to usernames etc.
Currently one preferably leaves os_authent_prefix in init.ora alone (set to an empty string) and one doesn't use the ops$ prefix in the username. Also winblows usernames need to be embedded in double quotes, and when you want to use a domain account the domain account needs to prefix the username
("domain\user")

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA