Re: Oracle career query

From: <dale_smith_at_comcast.net>
Date: 21 Jan 2005 17:41:17 -0800

Maybe you are right about shifting from being a Systems Engineer to a DBA. The mindset is different. The developers I know for MS SQL seem to think differently. I integrate large systems so routing, databases, and applications are all details that have to be considered and my skill level in each subset varies though I am conversant enough to be able to do detail dips in each subset.

I start next week with a company that does Voice Mail systems and uses Oracle, SS7, and SMS. I will get a better view of what Oracle offers professionally then I guess. I will keep your thoughts in mind.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. One of the things I love about the internet is the ability to meet people on line and share thoughts.
Dale Received on Fri Jan 21 2005 - 19:41:17 CST