Re: help with replication choice

From: Pedro Lopes <pedro.lopes_at_netvisao.pt>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 22:40:06 +0000

Dataguard is the way to go, it was designed specificaly to this kind of situations. Disaster/Recover Sites with queries running on the standby database. You can see more details here:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/availability/htdocs/DataGuardOverview.html

In that page you can read "... feature of the Enterprise Edition of the Oracle Database..."

hope this helps

pedro