help with replication choice

From: <mchas71_at_gmail.com>
Date: 19 Jan 2005 12:33:06 -0800

We are looking to move to Oracle soon and we are looking to setup a one-way replication system for disaster recover. In addition to this, our replicated database would serve to handle queries from the web, dual role. So, the replicated databases must be online and accessible. This is our setup with our current system with real-time replication, it works well, and would like to emulate this approach.

My question is what version of Oracle should we be looking at? Standard or Enterprise? What form of replication? Do we need Enterprise and DataGuard? Our system isn't mission critical and we can afford to have some downtime.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

TIA. Received on Wed Jan 19 2005 - 14:33:06 CST