Re: Extract data from index

From: <xhoster_at_gmail.com>
Date: 14 Jan 2005 17:54:23 GMT

Peter Mubaiter <this.is.not.valid_at_spammer.hola> wrote:
> > All in all this situation sounds too ludicrous to be true. So I would,
> > if I were you, reveal the true nature and goal of this exercise.
>
> To explain what happened:
>
> A colleague issued a
>
> alter tablespace USERS add datafile '/oradata/users02.dbf' size 2000M
> reuse;
>
> Unfortunately the file was already in use. He made two mistakes, he used
> "reuse" and he made not sure to use the next number in naming the new
> datafile.
> Of course there was now backup which could have been used.
> What we did then was recover the data from all indexed columns of the
> affected tables by selecting data using the index like
>
> select /*+ index (c INDEX_NAME)*/ indexed_column
> from affected_table where indexed_column is not null;
>
> We could restore many columns from most tables. One index has a
> corrupted block, that is why I asked this question.

Have you tried something like:

select /*+ index (c INDEX_NAME)*/ indexed_column

   from affected_table where indexed_column is not null    and indexed_column > 'Oopsie';

Where 'Oopsie' would be an value just after the values stored in the block with the suspected corruption?

Xho

Usenet Newsgroup Service                        $9.95/Month 30GB