Re: Database autostart after reboot (10g issue)

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:45:11 +0100

Christophe Bonte wrote:
> Hi. Thanks for your time fellas
>
> Apparently, it works now like 1 out of 4 times. I don't really understand
> why. Let me explain what I did.
>
> First of all sqlnet.ora contains
> * SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (none)
> * NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES)
>
> Here below is the oradim command that I used to create my instance at first
> --> oradim -NEW -SID CYBER10G -SYSPWD oracle -startmode AUTO -pfile
> %CYBER10G_DATABASE_HOME%\conf\initcyber10g.ora
>
> Here below the logging of oradim.log that I have everytime after a reboot.
> Database is in nomount mode.
> --> D:\oracle10g\bin\oradim.exe -startup -sid cyber10g -usrpwd * -pfile
> D:\cyberlabdb10g\conf\initcyber10g.ora -log oradim.log -nocheck 0
> Tue Jan 11 09:23:47 2005
> ORA-01012: not logged on
>
> First of all, I can't seem to find anything in the documentation (oradim
> help) about the -usrpwd parameter. Why do I see a * as value for that
> parameter in the logging?

Would you like your Most Important Password logged?!?

And you did not need to reccreate, you could have: oradim -EDIT -sid cyber10g -startmode auto

Have you tried Rauf's suggestions to change SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (none) into SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS)? Also, post your value of remote_login_passwordfile

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel