Re: Database autostart after reboot (10g issue)

From: Christophe Bonte <chrbonte_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 18:02:13 +0100

"Frank van Bortel" <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote in message news:cs0vot$mre$1_at_news4.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...

> Christophe Bonte wrote:

>> Hi. Thanks for your time fellas
>>
>> Apparently, it works now like 1 out of 4 times. I don't really understand
>> why. Let me explain what I did.
>>
>> First of all sqlnet.ora contains
>> * SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (none)
>> * NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES)
>>
>> Here below is the oradim command that I used to create my instance at
>> first
>> --> oradim -NEW -SID CYBER10G -SYSPWD oracle -startmode AUTO -pfile
>> %CYBER10G_DATABASE_HOME%\conf\initcyber10g.ora
>>
>> Here below the logging of oradim.log that I have everytime after a
>> reboot. Database is in nomount mode.
>> --> D:\oracle10g\bin\oradim.exe -startup -sid cyber10g -usrpwd * -pfile
>> D:\cyberlabdb10g\conf\initcyber10g.ora -log oradim.log -nocheck 0
>> Tue Jan 11 09:23:47 2005
>> ORA-01012: not logged on
>>
>> First of all, I can't seem to find anything in the documentation (oradim
>> help) about the -usrpwd parameter. Why do I see a * as value for that
>> parameter in the logging?
>
> Would you like your Most Important Password logged?!?
>
> And you did not need to reccreate, you could have:
> oradim -EDIT -sid cyber10g -startmode auto
>
> Have you tried Rauf's suggestions to change
> SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (none) into
> SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS)?
>
> Also, post your value of remote_login_passwordfile
> --
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel

Hello again

Here's the contents of my initcyber10g.ora file

UNDO_MANAGEMENT=AUTO
UNDO_TABLESPACE=UNDO_DATA
remote_login_passwordfile = shared
db_block_size = 8192
shared_pool_size = 104857600
db_block_buffers = 5000
hash_area_size = 8388608
sort_area_size = 1048576
parallel_threads_per_cpu = 4
optimizer_mode = choose
optimizer_features_enable = 8.1.5
db_file_multiblock_read_count = 8
query_rewrite_enabled = true
db_name=cyber10g
control_files = (D:\cyberlabdb10g\data\control1.ctl, D:\cyberlabdb10g\data\control2.ctl)
processes=200

Yes I know i didn't have to to recreate the instance. The reason why I'm doing this is because we install oracle databases together with our software for customers with the help of batch scripts etc. So preferrably it has to work the moment i create the instance. Did it for testing purposes :)

About the *...My bad...didn't think carefully enough.

Yes i have set 'none' to 'NTS' this time in sqlnet.ora. And rebooted. Now the database was open. But still...gonna check tomorrow when i'm back at work and reboot a dozen times or so just to see if it always works. Why can't I leave this to 'none'? It worked fine like this with 8i and 9i.

Thanks again. I'll get back to you with more results when i'm back at work.

Christophe Received on Tue Jan 11 2005 - 11:02:13 CST