Database instances fail to OPEN automatically on system start

From: Matthew <114775.401_at_compuserve.invalid>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:39:43 +1300

We have a Windows 2000 server running Oracle 8.1.7 on which there are several instances that we would like to have start automatically when Windows starts up. According to the Oracle Administration Assistant for Windows NT, the instances that are supposed to start automatically have the following settings:
* Startup Instance when Service is Started set to ON

I should mention that the database server is also a backup domain controller in our Windows 2000 based domain, so it has no local groups or users. Received on Mon Jan 10 2005 - 20:39:43 CST