Is this some kind of cluster?

From: John <jbradshaw777_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10 Jan 2005 18:16:32 -0800

Hi all,

Do you know what kind of configuration this might be? Is this some kind of cluster?
1. 2 UNIX hosts with different name and IP, one right next to the other.
2. From the server side, I can see identical ORACLE processes running on both servers.
3. From the server side, I can see almost identical partition and disk space usage information, except for small differences in what I believe are the system directories (not the directories that host ORACLE files).
4. The init parameter cluster_database is 'false'. Does it not mean that this is not a RAC configuration?
5. I can connect only to the database if I specify the one host in the TNS alias, if I change the host name to the other while keep everything else same, I was not able to connect.

Thanks for sharing.

John Received on Mon Jan 10 2005 - 20:16:32 CST