Re: automatic memory management, not so automatic?

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 19:30:53 +0800

hastenthunder wrote:

> Spfile. I created the instance with auto memory management turned on using
> dbca.
>
> Anyway, these parameters showed up in v$parameter after I shut the instance
> down and restarted it. This is really strange, am I working with Windows
> now??
>
> "Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message
> > hastenthunder wrote:
> > > Right, that is my question.
> > > If these __ parameters do not show up on my server, then
> > > SQL>Show parameter sga_target
> > > should return a value of 0, yet it does not.
> > >
> > > In essence, sga_target parameter is saying I'm using automatic memory
> > > management, yet the 4 __ parameters does not show up.
> >

> > Are you using an spfile or a traditional init.ora?
> >
> > Regards
> > HJR
try x$ksppi

--
Connor McDonald
Co-author: "Mastering Oracle PL/SQL - Practical Solutions"

web: http://www.oracledba.co.uk
web: http://www.oaktable.net
email: connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com

Coming Soon! "Oracle Insight - Tales of the OakTable"

"GIVE a man a fish and he will eat for a day. But TEACH him how to fish,
and...he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"