Re: [Q] create second schema under a account

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 19:20:58 +0800

Howard J. Rogers wrote:

> Serge Rielau wrote:
>
> [snip]

> > Actually I'm not so sure I am missing the OP's point. The OP may be
> > trying to apply a DB2 for LUW or SQL Standard background to Oracle.
>
> He may be doing many things. But the content of his question as written
> is what I tend to look at. And the content of his initial statement and
> the first part of his actual question indicates that he doesn't
> understand the fundamental principle that a schema = a single user
> account that owns something.
>
> > What
> > you just explained may get him/her there.
>
> So would just learning the fundamental principle. And probably a lot
> simpler and a lot quicker. KISS, after all. :-)
>
> Regards
> HJR
although the doco probably doesn't help the OP...'create schema' being a very different command to 'create user'

--
Connor McDonald
Co-author: "Mastering Oracle PL/SQL - Practical Solutions"

web: http://www.oracledba.co.uk
web: http://www.oaktable.net
email: connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com

Coming Soon! "Oracle Insight - Tales of the OakTable"

"GIVE a man a fish and he will eat for a day. But TEACH him how to fish,
and...he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"