Re: DBA future prospects

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 27 Dec 2004 15:40:49 -0800

JinJJa wrote:
> The future of DBA looks bright until about 2010, then the economy
just may
> collapse according to Harry Dent (author of "Roaring 2000").

According to Arthur Dent, the Earth has already been destroyed. http://imdb.com/title/tt0371724/

(Saw a trailer for it in the movies yesterday - wife has no clue what it is).

> It seems like getting into management might be a logical answer to
your
> dilemma. But why? 70% people wants to become managers but most don't
see that
> it is at least 50% more stress for mere 20% more pay.
>
> Joe
> MCDBA, OCP, MCSD

20% more pay? Managers generally make less than me. I do give them 50% more stress, though! :-)

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
further proof:  www.hitchhikersguidemovie.com goes... where?