Re: RMAN/Alert_log questions

From: jw <jw_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 06:07:13 GMT

Thanks for the response.

Here are my observations:

  1. I have two Arch processes. but I only see that "unable ..." message when I started "BACKUP DATABASE PLUS ARCHIVE LOG" from RMAN. The RMAN first did a Log Switch and backup the Archive Log files. It seems this is the time it quoted the message. For other time of the day, I didn't see the message.
  2. For the Fractured Block, I saw it several times in a week (I did a daily rmAN backup at 3:00). And it happened at the same dba; and quoted "found valid data" after reread. As the data file is for index tablespace, I am not sure I need to do anything as a proactive action.

Thanks.

JW