Re: RMAN/Alert_log questions

From: Michel Cadot <micadot{at}altern{dot}org>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 08:35:22 +0100

"jw" <jw_at_hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:Xns95C8EBC8BA420jwhotmailcom_at_198.161.157.145...
| Thanks for the response.
|
| Here are my observations:
|
| 1. I have two Arch processes. but I only see that "unable ..." message
| when I started "BACKUP DATABASE PLUS ARCHIVE LOG" from RMAN. The RMAN
| first did a Log Switch and backup the Archive Log files. It seems this
| is the time it quoted the message. For other time of the day, I didn't
| see the message.

This is just a coincidence, this message can happen at any time: the 2 archivers try to archive the same redo log, the first that starts "win" the other raise this warning. The most important part of the message is not "unable to archive" but the reason: "log being archived by another one". That is "i want to do a job but can't because someone else already do it".

Regards
Michel Cadot Received on Fri Dec 24 2004 - 01:35:22 CST