Re: RMAN/Alert_log questions

From: Michel Cadot <micadot{at}altern{dot}org>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 08:06:57 +0100

"jw" <jw_at_hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:Xns95C7E51D1A807jwhotmailcom_at_198.80.55.250...
| Hi there,
|
| I run the daily RMAN at 3:00 in the morning. I captured the following in
| the alert log. I have two questions here.
|
| 1. at 3:00:03, it quoted ARC1: Unable to archive log 1. Is this normal
| when starting RMAN to backup database ?
|
| 2. It found corrupted block, and 'found valid data' after reread. But
| there is no error at window 2000 OS level. That file is for indexing
| purpose. What should I do ? Re-create the index or repair the data
| block ? What options should I use if using DBMS.Repair.
|
| Thanks.
|
| JW

  1. You have 2 archivers, the first one begins to archive sequence 3451 and before it ends the second archiver try to archive the same log, it found that this log is currently archiving by another one archiver (message "Log actively being archived by another process") so it stops. Then you see the first archiver end message for sequence 3451. This is not related with rman.
  2. When backing up a block, rman see that the beginning of the block and the end of this one have not the same timestamp, this is a fractured block. The block has been modified between the start and the end of its backup. So rman reread it, rebacked up it and found it consistent this time. This is just a warning, nothing to do, all is fine.

Regards
Michel Cadot Received on Thu Dec 23 2004 - 01:06:57 CST