Re: Raw vs. Cooked

From: Austin Hackett <hacketta_57_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Dec 2004 09:57:11 -0800

Thanks for the inputs.

Mark, that link you sent was interesting.

I believe I'm correct in saying that db_file_sequential_read siginifies a wait for an IO request to complete. Am I correct, then, in saying that the increase in db_file_sequential_read is introduced because of the increased IO throughput you get from async IO. In otherwords, it's a symptom of IO performance improvements and not degredation? Thanks

Austin Received on Fri Dec 17 2004 - 11:57:11 CST