Oracle base

From: David E. Grove <david_grove_at_correct.state.ak.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 08:26:41 -0900

I have previously been DBA of Informix on Sun Solaris platform. I am now familiarizing myself with Oracle.

Consistency being the hobgoblin of small minds, I have an inclination to make the Oracle base directory consistent with other stuff. Specifically, I'd like to make it "/opt/oracle".

Will this bite me in the future?

Thank you.

DG