Database replication

From: Michael Wimmer <newsgroup1_at_ecom.at>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 14:41:53 +0100

Hi,

I need some advice on database replication.

A customer wants his databases replicated between two servers, connected by the internet. The database structure will be quite simple, mainly address data with about 100.000 entries in the beginning, but steadily increasing.

We expect an average of up to 2000 new inserts or edits per day.

The customer wants the data to be stored in both databases, so querying one database from the other is not an option.

A perfect solution would allow both database servers to change data and insert new records, but this could be discussed if it would make things much more complicated.

As a database Oracle and DB2 are into consideration so I am happy with advice on both systems. Maybe someone can give me a hint which of these two would be more suited for the task.

Any help / advice highly appreciated

best regards

Michael Received on Thu Dec 16 2004 - 07:41:53 CST