Re: Oracle Culture/ email program used

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 07:52:33 -0600

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:21:38 GMT, Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_comcast.net> wrote:

<snip>
>Culture = hard working, hard playing

<snip>
Call me cynical, but over the years I've heard variations of this from many managers. Bottom line usually translates to "We expect you to put in consistently long hours. What little time you may have left is expected to be spent on various attendance-STRONGLY-encouraged, purely social (read: purely business) after-hours 'forced fun' events planned by your co-workers. This is to ensure that all of your time and energy is focused on the job and you have no time left for family or personal persuits."

Vacation: (n.) A French word meaning "deferred work." Received on Thu Dec 16 2004 - 07:52:33 CST