Re: Database replication

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 16 Dec 2004 10:18:22 -0800

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/dataint/pdf/ibm_comp.pdf http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/dataint/index.html

> Any help / advice highly appreciated

Oracle would be perfect for this. There are several options based on what requirements you want to satify. Sounds like multimaster replication would be your perfect solution. http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/dataint/pdf/distributed_environment.pdf But that might depend on why exactly the customer wants the data stored in both servers.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/availability/pdf/BWP_HA_Oracle_Database_10gR1_111503.pdf

http://www.oracle.com/ecostructure/blueprint_rec/rec_design_configuration_emc_srdf.htm

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.  "From 6 to 9AM on Christmas Day, we are going to
show a burning log in a fireplace."  "Why don't you do something