Re: Sybrand Bakker - request for a list of insults

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 13 Dec 2004 03:33:52 -0800

Well, maybe I'm not the most polite and nice person in the world, but I didn't see any problems with the responses shown above. In the first case Sybrand just pointed out something that is very obvious and it is: consistent usage of google would save 50% of news traffic. In the second case he was maybe too direct, but I'm sure that all DBAs strugling with databases with "data models" without constraints (hello SAP, hello Peoplesoft) have big understanding for this. The only rude person was the one who wrote shown answer using upper case, which is something to be considered not only rude to readers but also stupid.
If there would be something to criticize Sybrand for, it is that he rarely (I remember two times) wrote to quickly and responded in the fashion "no question about it, it must be clear to anyone" even in cases when it was not clear at all and everything was more complex as was revealed later on. However, that's very rare and no one is perfect anyway. So for me Sybrand's responses are OK and there are much more hostile posters in this newsgroup than he is.

just my 2 eurocents (much stronger than us ones)

--
Dusan Bolek
http://www.db-support.com

Email: spambin_at_seznam.cz
Pls add "Not Guilty" to the subject, otherwise your email will face an
unpleasant end as SPAM.