Is there anyway to work on the connection object

From: arzhan laster via OracleMonster.com <forum_at_OracleMonster.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 12:11:56 GMT

Is there anyway to work on the connection object from SQL window? I'm trying to work on the performance of the queries I'm executing. I connect to Oracle from SQL window and wanto use this connection object (if possible) and work on it (if possible)if there are methods available supporting this.

Using SQL can I assign the result of a particular query to a variable like int String = select sysdate from dual;

I'm sorta newbie so if questions are silly.. my apologies.