Re: Attach a database in Oracle 10g

From: Sybrand Bakker <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 00:21:07 +0100

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 15:01:45 -0800, "Greg Doherty" <no spam please> wrote:

>Since I have put this database in a directory path that is not the same as
>where it originally came from, are there some other setting that I need to
>change?

Please don't be so vague. If you really changed directory paths and didn't recreate the controlfile or renamed the datafiles, the database wouldn't even open correctly.
As you don't specify any error message, we are at a complete loss what is going on in your locations, and our crystall balls have worn out by answering similar posts.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA