Re: Attach a database in Oracle 10g

From: Greg Doherty <no>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 15:01:45 -0800

I believe it to be a complete database (consisting of CTL, DBF and LOG files). I followed the procedure specified by Howard and the database instance now loaded, but I am unable to get any king of access via SQL Plus. The owners of the database sent me the user names an passwords that they use, but I have no luck with them (I'm guessing that these are application usernames and passwords, not database one).

Since I have put this database in a directory path that is not the same as where it originally came from, are there some other setting that I need to change?

Thanks,
- Greg