Re: 11i q

From: David McGeorge <soalvajavab1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Nov 2004 18:39:27 -0800

Thanks a lot Flemming for info, really appreciate it.

few more questions if you don't mind:

where is the app log file? does it have something like alert log?

when we install 11i, does it had HR11i , Financial 11i, Purchase11i, ... or each will be install separately?

what is the main schema/user names in 11i?

Regarding backup and restore of 11i... what backups exactly I need? only database backup is enough? and what extra cares during restoring process required...let's say for example we want to do a Full OS restore from tapes, does everything going to work or need some extra steps/commands as far as app/db connection concern? Is any full restore script exist somehwere?

what is the main structure of directories and usage of each? I saw it creates lots of 2/3 letters directory...al, fl, fnd,..

By mirror/clone you said it means that installation install a default 9i db and all app binaries, etc. just want to make sure I understan it correctly.

Regards
David