sqlplus ORA-12547 TNS: Lost contact TNS: 00517

From: <veronica.pham_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Nov 2004 19:29:20 -0800

Dear Oracle comrades,

I just installed OracleEE 8.1.7 on HP-UX11.00.

I added all the recommended os patches, adjusted the shm* kernel params, rebooted, ran runInstaller and installed everything including the started db, which installed successfully. I then ran

lsnrctl start

and it started just fine. tnsping on my db name succeeds. But when I run sqlplus, it prompts me for my login id and password, (SYS, change_on_install) and then says,

ORA-12457 TNS: Lost contact

I look in the sqltns.log and it says TNS-00517 TNS: Lost contact.

Is this related to shmmax at all? Any other ideas?

Thank you very much for any help you can give this desparate poor soul...

Sincerely, George Received on Thu Nov 25 2004 - 21:29:20 CST