Re: Serious article on comparison between MS SQL Server 2005 Yukon and Oracle 10g

From: Igor Laletin <ilaletin_at_usa.net>
Date: 24 Nov 2004 17:24:32 -0800

joel-garry_at_home.com (Joel Garry) wrote in message news:<91884734.0411241048.14b4973b_at_posting.google.com>...
> ilaletin_at_usa.net (Igor Laletin) wrote in message news:<f9226414.0411232227.60c5a887_at_posting.google.com>...
> > joel-garry_at_home.com (Joel Garry) wrote in message news:<91884734.0411221639.2f9dfc59_at_posting.google.com>...
> > It's other person's _tool_for_posting_to_usenet_oracle_groups_ for
> > God's sake.
>
> In this case, it is being used to point to a document. So we have an
> anonymous poster

Some people don't give their names and they may have a reason. Nothing particulary suspicious there. Anonymous is as good name on the internet as Igor or Joel. After all any of them could be real or fake. Would you be happier if OP signed Georgy W Bush? :)

> from a suspicious site

It doesn't have street address, so what. Could well be there is no one at all. If it's suspicious to you, just don't use it. A fact someone else used it doesn't mean anything.

> pointing at a document.

And?

> What can we logically derive from that? Nothing. Or anything.

Nothing. You derive something from nothing.

> ... there sure was an uproar when I pointed out a spammer was Latvian

Not exactly. You said it's unsafe to send money to a company based in Latvia. Also you suggested there was "a bunch of Russians with a different set of ethics" behind some Latvian site.

> All missing the point, which is that I don't trust websites with no
> legitimate contact information on the site.

Yeah, it's like we're reading a letter and you saing "Guy wrote it with a suspicious pen, possibly non-brand name. I think mafia has been involved." It's out of the blue, has nothing to do with the subject of this thread but thanks for sharing anyway.

There is enough offtopic in this ng already so doesn't really matter if we both added a tiny bit more :) It's not a problem here.

You derive a link "no contact details" + "located in Russia" -> "Russian Mob". That's what I don't like. I don't want Russians to be stereotyped like this and I don't want you promoting your attitude in this ng.

The Internet is full of hate sites. Anybody interested can easily find a right one for him/herself and enjoy the company.

Regards,
Igor