Re: Getting Experience with Oracle

From: Sam Whetstron <whetstron_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 24 Nov 2004 13:42:41 -0800

robert <rchin_at_nietspampanix.com> wrote in message news:<cnvlc7$o3b$1_at_reader1.panix.com>...
> Why you keep ASSUMING that it's PITA to get started ?
> Sounds to me like you're just giving YOURSELF excuses.

I guess because, quite frankly, if Oracle was like HTML circa 1994, it would take about 20 minutes to pick up instead of having lots of books devoted to it.

Though you're probably right about the excuses.... so I'm off to download the SOB and install it on my machine.

> RTFM ("Getting Started Guide, Installation Guide")
> Download + Install
> RTFM ("Concept")
> Ask questions
> RTFM
I will indeed read the fine manual. It's good to know the documentation is of such universally high quality ;-)