Executing and Oracle stored procedure via a web method in vb.net

From: Ted <naizen_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: 24 Nov 2004 14:16:21 -0800

Can anyone help me with the syntax that would be used to execute an Oracle stored procedure from vb.net. I don't recall the exact syntax but, it used a Call statement. I gather this is similar to SQL's Execute statement. Actually I want to mimic this text:

dim cmd as sqlcommand
cmd.CommnadText = "Execute <mySP> @Parm1 = 12, @Param2 = 'Jim' "

How can this be done with Oracle. Again I saw somewhere, the use of a call statement, I gather it would replace the Execute as in SQL. I would appreciate any thoughts and advice on the syntax. Received on Wed Nov 24 2004 - 16:16:21 CST