Re: Help required on Data Guard

From: Yang <dbaoracle_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:09:48 +0100

Hi Praveen,

  1. There are severals methods for constructing a replication system, you can get more informations online at http://tahiti.oracle.com/ , especially the book <Advanced replication>. Following this book, you can create a replication system with transaction in real or deffered mode. The performance depends greatly on your network between the two locations.
  2. You should check if your JBOSS, by switching the system, could also do something like 'alter database activate...' (and more others related commands which tranform your standby database to a primary one). I know little about that, if somebody here could give more advices, I surely appreciate.

At the site I put in this mail, you can find documents for DataGuard.

hth.

Yang
dba oracle