Re: Help required on Data Guard

From: Yang <dbaoracle_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 18:25:50 +0100

Hi Praveen,

  1. for data synchronization, you need to use data replication. that's right. juste be carefull that there is a little difference between the 2 databases : one is designed as super-master and the other master. this is important when you get to restore.
  2. for standby and backup databases : the standby database means some downtime when to restore, because you need 'transforming' your standby database to a normal production database. if you design your system to a 'no-downtime' system when disaster occurs, you should consider rac, which means you should have at least 2 db-servers in each location.

hth.

Yang
dba oracle.