Help required on Data Guard

From: Praveen <spraveen2001_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Nov 2004 01:50:59 -0800

Hi All,

We are developing an application using Java and Oracle 10g(Backend). It is a billing application. We need to deploy the application in 2 different locations/places. Now, there is a requirement of Data synchronization between 2 location(The moment, a record is added in any of the location, the should get reflected in another location and vice-versa). For Eg: The database in loc1 has to synchronized with loc2 and vice-versa. In addition to this, in each location, they want standby database and backup databases. Means, there should not be any downtime in any of the locations.

For the above situation, can i go with the following options:

  1. For Data Synchronization between 2 locations: Oracle 10g Data Replication?
  2. For creating StandBy and Backup Databases: Oracle 10g Data Guard.

I think i need not to use Oracle 10G RAC for this, is that correct?

Please suggest me how i can approach to this situation.

Thanks,
Praveen Received on Sat Nov 20 2004 - 03:50:59 CST