Re: Confused with login rights

From: Michel Cadot <micadot{at}altern{dot}org>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 18:11:36 +0100

"Achilles" <achillesofsparta_at_rediffmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:ef3af03f.0411100601.374afa52_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi Folks
> I have encountered a strange problem which is surely not at all
> explainable in any sense! When i login using the SYS or SYSTEM schemas
> as sysdba or sysoper everything seems normal...but when i used
> commands like :
>
> conn a / a as sysdba OR
> conn Haa/Haaa as sysdba
>
> ...Oracle has no problems granting me sysdba rights even thought no
> such schemas 'a' or 'Haa' exist. I am confused. Please Help!
>
> Achilles

This is because you are in the dba group, so username is irrelevant. Have a look at Concepts and Administrator Guide:

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96524/c23acces.htm#9413
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96524/c06start.htm#242
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96521/dba.htm#13465
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96521/dba.htm#1064