trace controlfile contains error

From: Don Seiler <don.seiler_at_cellcom.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:06:28 GMT

Using this command to get a trace controlfile:

alter database backup controlfile to trace as '/home/me/control.trc';

It produces a trace file but with one difference to the normal trace controlfile, it contains an extra blank link before the 'DATAFILE' clause of the CREATE CONTROLFILE section:

DATAFILE So running either of the scripts in that file treat DATAFILE as a new command. Manually removing the newline fixes the problem.

Running just 'alter database backup controlfile to trace' does not suffer from this problem.

Is anyone else seeing this? I've done a quick search on metalink and don't see it mentioned. Received on Wed Nov 10 2004 - 11:06:28 CST