oracle 9204

From: Oradba Linux <oradba_linux_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 00:38:27 GMT

Our DB is primarily used as an OLTP. We are planning to implement partitioning on some of the tables.We have to decide on the partitioning key. Can partitioning key be the sequence which is the primary key for the non-partitioned table? Are there any pros/cons with this approach? Have you been able to avoid global indexes in an OLTP DB ? Received on Mon Nov 08 2004 - 18:38:27 CST