Re: Web authentication: some general questions

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 18:10:43 -0500

"Chris" <_no_spam__at_telstra.com> wrote in message news:BUIjd.27245$K7.22119_at_news-server.bigpond.net.au...

| > Chris, could you elaborate how this is possible? In my experience,
HTMLDB
| > imposes its own structure on the pages, which is configurable, but I
don't
| > think 'full control' is available in the same sense as an HTML
| > editor/builder tool gives you full control.
| >
| > ++ mcs
| >

| Mark,
| HTMLDB simply uses page templates, that you define, to generate the html.
So
| you can design a page in dreamweaver or what ever and simply paste the
html
| code into the template region of your application. The bits you need to
add
| are for place holders that allow htmldb to do it's stuff ie tell it where
| render regions, tab cells etc. Same goes for report regions etc. You have
| complete control and can design a page that is pretty much entirely css
| styled if that is what you want.
|
| You have the ability to design templates for pages, regions, reports,
| buttons, tab cells , lists. I've not come across any major limitatons
(apart
| from one small one with navigation regions) Extending the functionality of
| tabs may offer some small challenges but they can be overcome with
jscript.

| I believe there are more enhancements to this area as well in the next
| release.

Thanks, Chris --- I'll have to dig into it a little more. I've been trying to figure out how to extend HTMLDB to get around its inherent clunkiness, but just haven't had the time to dig into it deep enough to discover what you've conveyed. Appreciate the insight.

++ mcs Received on Mon Nov 08 2004 - 17:10:43 CST