Re: A voodoo masterpiece

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 07:06:10 -0500

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 19:54:49 +1100, Howard J. Rogers wrote:

> Why is anyone still believing anything this old dinosaur hacks out (badly)?
>
> Regards
> HJR
This was a low blow and totally uncalled for. And as far as an "old dinosaur" is concerned, let me quote reply of another very smart old dinosaur, Mr. Andy Rooney to Mr. Bill O'Reilly of the "No Spin Zone" fame:
"I didn't get old on purpose, it just happened to me. If you are very, very lucky, it may even happen to you." Sure, Don Burleson can make mistakes. He's only human, I've seen no claims to the contrary. We all make mistakes. I occasionally make 10 mistakes before breakfast and live through the day. Don Burleson also wrote a beautiful book about Statspack which is still relevant and very useful. Don Burleson wrote numerous useful articles and maintains the very same DBA Zine that Jonathan Lewis writes in. I don't see a purpose of such an outburst against Don Burleson? I used to have very high opinion of you, but now I can see that the people disagreeing with me, did have a point there. What exactly is your beef with Don Burleson that justifies name calling?

--
Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.